Natural gas has proven to be a reliable source of energy used for heating and cooking in New York City and the rest of the United States today. While natural gas is a trusted energy source, it is important to remember that it can cause serious damage to your family and home if it is not handled properly.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is a very serious illness that can take the lives of everyone in the household. Carbon monoxide is deadly to humans because it replaces the oxygen the body needs to function. Poisoning occurs in the home often after a furnace or another gas-fueled appliance is not wired properly. The carbon monoxide builds up when the natural gas is not burned properly, or is not properly re-routed outside the home. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning resemble that of the flu -- without the presence of a fever. It is important to remember to remove yourself and your family from the house to the open air. This will allow you to get fresh oxygen into your body via your lungs.
Are you interested in protecting your New York home from carbon monoxide poisoning? Here are a few tips:
A qualified plumber in NYC, New York is the best source for information regarding protecting your New York home from carbon monoxide poisoning due to faulty gas piping installation and repair. This is an issue that should be taken care of immediately to prevent unnecessary death from occurring.